Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission
I have always thought about writing gift guides, but have never gotten around to it early enough to actually be helpful! But since it’s Daisy’s first Christmas and family members are already asking what she wants, I thought I’d start with a little list of gift ideas for babies and toddlers!
Some of the things in this list we already have and love, and some are things that I’m planning on buying for Daisy for Christmas!
1. Lovevery Play Kits: I can’t speak highly enough of these! As a first time mom, it’s so helpful to have toys specific to her developmental stages, so I know exactly how I should be playing with her. Each kit is developed for a specific age range and also comes with an activity guide with play ideas and information on what your baby is currently learning and experiencing as they develop.
2. DIY Busy board: Had to include a DIY in this list, and Busy Boards are SO perfect for older babies and toddlers! Something Turquoise had a great tutorial, and these look pretty easy and affordable to put together!
3. Ofie Mat: this is a great gift for babies/toddlers and their parents! We use ours so much, and it’s so soft and cozy, and makes it a lot comfier to play on the floor together!
4. Books: I love giving and getting books as gifts, and there are so many great books out there for the kiddos! We love ‘We are the Gardeners’ by Joanna Gaines and kids. It will be a great one to continue reading to Daisy as she gets older, because it’s about perseverance and plants!!
5. Cozy Sleepers: Footed Sleepers are always a good idea, and especially ones that can easily convert into a play suit. These Gunamuna sleepers are on our list for Daisy because they’re super soft and stretchy, and have the most convenient zipper for late night diaper changes
6. Feeding mat: The EzPz mat made the list for us because Daisy will be approaching the solid food age in the new year, and anything to make that transition easy and fun will definitely be helpful! Plus these mats are super cute too!
7. Busy puzzle name puzzle: We have one of these in Daisy’s room as decor right now, but I’m so excited for her to play with it when she’s old enough! It’s such a sweet personalized gift and is great for any age!
8. Cuddle and Kind Doll: These dolls are the sweetest and something that little ones will love to cuddle at any age! They are heirloom quality knit dolls handmade in Peru, and meals are donated to children in need with each purchase of a C&K doll. A gift you can definitely feel good about!
9. Lovevery Block Set: This is the most perfect toddler gift, and not your average block set! It has so many configurations, and can even be transformed into a car that they pull! It also comes with a guide and so many ideas for what to build and how to play! Daisy is getting this for Christmas this year because it will look super cute in her nursery, and I’m sure Brian and I will have fun playing with it until she’s ready for it!
Honourable Mentions (Not pictured):
- Coco Village has a huge variety of toys for all ages, a lot of them are Montessori style too!
- Carami.ca is my favourite small shop, and they have so many great clothing options forpretty babies and toddlers, as well as a really cute toy selection
- The Petit Lem x Alicia Moffatt Mom and Baby matching outfits are adorable!
- LillyPost book subscription boxes also make a really great gift! They deliver a box of books each month!
Hope this is helpful! Happy Shopping!